Porsche 928 Stories
Our first 928 was a 1986 928S Automatic
It was soon replaced by a 1987 928S4 5spd
- Since buying the car in June of 2000, we've done a lot of things to it:
- In August I installed a Devek all aluminum radiator
- I don't remember when, but I changed the stock shifter for a MOMO F-16.
- I had Dave Shaeffer paint my intakes and cam covers he also painted my 'Big Blacks' blue.
- In January I upgraded the stock suspension to Bilstein/Eibach coilovers. New! 06/21/01
- In January of 2002 we sold the '87 to Jamie Howton..
In November we put up a big blue tent!
Over the winter I've been working on rebuilding an S4 engine however, this project is currently on hold until I get more funds..
In January 2002 we bought a Garnet Red Metallic '86.5 928S 5spd. We flew out to Seattle to pick it up and drove it back east with a stop in Belmont, CA to visit Devek. Top speed, on the loneliest highway in America was 154, calculated by engine RPM and tire size. I haven't had a chance to make up any pages for it yet though!
- I did make a roofrack for this car
- And I changed out the mechanical fan for an electric fan
- (Both links above also under making stuff!)
In February 2002 we bought John Murray's Silver '83 928S 5spd
- which I'm slowly turning into a track car.
- In the process I've had to learn a lot about making stuff! Updated! 09/24/03
In May 2004, we bought two more 928's - a black '85 5spd and a blue '89 automatic.
- They were located in California, so we had to drive them home, well, one of them got towed home.
Cars with other people!
- Here's some pictures of three 928's at Ira Porsche New! 06/21/01
- On April 1st we participated in a small gathering of 928's on the Hilltop New! 06/21/01
- Since 2000, we've been to about 100 track days! Updated! 09/24/03
Return to the Virtual Smidgescape
Text, photography and layout by C.S. Mo
Copyright © C.S. Mo, All Rights Reserved
Comments and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org